Pilar Corrias Gallery is a registered company in England and Wales (No. 6356664) at 54 Eastcastle Street, London, W1W 8EF. Pilar Corrias Gallery respects your privacy and endeavours to protect your personal information. By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means Pilar Corrias Gallery. “You” means the individual to whom the information relates.
Pilar Corrias Gallery Data Principles:
• We keep to a minimum the amount of information we hold about you.
• We use your data to respond to your enquiries and provide you with information that we believe you would like to receive about the Gallery, our artists, available artworks and our events (the lawful basis for this is “legitimate interest”).
• We also use your data to communicate with you where you have signed up and opted in to receive information from us (the lawful basis for this is “consent”).
• We only hold your data for as long as necessary.
• We apply appropriate security mechanisms to protect your personal data.
• Our legitimate business interests are balanced with your interests, rights and freedoms and your consent.
What information does Pilar Corrias Gallery collect?
• Your name, email address, IP address address and telephone number;
• Purchasing history, artist preferences, creative interests;
• Financial information i.e. your bank name, account number and sort code and communication preferences;
• Information relating to your interest in and attendance at Pilar Corrias Gallery events and art fairs;
How we use the personal information provided:
• To administer, support, improve and obtain feedback on our Gallery and to improve your experiences.
• To keep you informed about artwork, artists and events that we think you may find interesting;
• To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
• To communicate with you;
• To comply with legal and regulatory obligations and security.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out from marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
How is your information stored?
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We store data in a number of places depending on our requirements to access and use it. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on cloud-based or computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. Where possible, we avoid storing paper records.
Legal premise for processing personal information:
• In order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject to;
• For the completion of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
• For the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
• In relation to any processing of special categories of personal data, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
• Collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience;
• To make sure you receive updated information on Pilar Corrias Gallery business activities;
• To provide the services you have requested; and
• For our own marketing and research.
Who do we share your information with?
Except as expressly set out in this policy we will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. This does not include information sharing with any associated companies, service providers and professional advisers or website hosting partners who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
On request, and when relevant, we will provide details of which third parties we work with. We will also discuss and agree on any specific security questions or requirements you may have during the provision of our services. The third parties we work with are encouraged to meet the requirements of the GDPR. When we contract with third parties we enter into agreements that encourage GDPR compliance.
We share your data internally and have a data transfer agreement in place that complies with EU law for sharing data from our branches in the EU to outside of the EU.
If we sell an artwork to you, we share the invoice with the artist for their records.
We do not share nor sell your personal data to anyone else.
Your rights regarding our use of your personal data
At any time, you have the right:
• To opt out from receiving promotional or marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
• To ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• To request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• To amend or update personal data held;
• To withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• To data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
• To object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
• To not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transferring your Information outside the UK
Your personal information may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, or for one of our service providers.
When we, or our permitted third parties, transfer your information outside the European Economic Area, they or we will impose obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required in the European Economic Area or otherwise require the recipient to subscribe to international frameworks intended to enable secure data sharing. In the case of transfers by us, we may also transfer your information where: (i) the transfer is to a country deemed to provide adequate protection of your information by the European Commission; or (ii) where you have consented to the transfer.
Marketing, notices and newsletters
Pilar Corrias Gallery only sends marketing information to those persons the Gallery believes it has a legitimate business interest to contact. Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing we may use your personal information to send you information about Pilar Corrias Gallery events, art fairs and works of art.
You can unsubscribe or opt out from receiving them at any time. If you no longer wish to receive our correspondence, you may unsubscribe by selecting the “unsubscribe” button in our newsletter, or you may notify us in writing at the 54 Eastcastle Street, London W1W 8EF or email@example.com. We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, we have implemented suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your personal information is only accessible by a limited number of employees who have special access rights to such systems and who are required to keep the information confidential. External to these networks our data is only accessed on equipment owned and maintained by the company; safe guards are in place to prevent unauthorised external access to our data. All communications between your browser and our website are encrypted.
Links to Other Sites
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Any questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy. This privacy notice was last updated 19/05/2018.